There are a multitude of ways to cheat, money, diet, work, health and heart..
Here I have collected twenty one powerful quotes concerning love and relationships. It has already proven to be a powerful topic, so much hurt and pain created by simple acts that to my mind roll up into number one because someone only cheats on you when they forget about you.
- “HE FORGOT ABOUT YOU. REMEMBER THAT” yourtango.com
- “If you succeed in cheating someone, don’t think that the person is a fool. Realize that the person trusted you much more than you deserved.”
- “If you are in a relationship, flirting is cheating” Picturequotes.com
- “Love doesn’t hurt. Lying, cheating and crewing with people’s feelings and emotions hurt” ~unknown.
- “If you’re in a relationship then focus on your relationship, not everything else outside of it” picturequotes.com
- “A real man will cut off any female that threatens his relationship with his woman” heartfeltquotes.blogspot.com
- “Cheating isn’t a mistake, it’s a choice”
- “I will remember and recover. Not forgive and forget” tumblr.com
- “Never cheat on someone who showed you what love means because only when its too late that you’ll realise you have lost something you will never ever have again” facebook/LQ.official
- “Sleeping alone is better than sharing your bed with someone who shares their bed and their desires with someone else when you are not around” ~ unknown
- “You didn’t love her. You just didn’t want to be alone. Or maybe, maybe she was just good for your ego. Or, or maybe she made you feel better about your miserable life, but you didn’t love her. Because you don’t destroy the people you love. ~Grey’s Anatomy
- “Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the one person who you thought would never hurt you.” ~unknown
- “Distance is not a reason for infidelity or cheating in a relationship; patience and self-control is among what makes us human.” Evans Macharia RaiseYourMind.com
- “Flirting is cheating because it’s breaking a boundary within a committed relationship. In a committed relationship we agree to give certain parts of ourselves to our partner. When we are flirting, we are giving sexual interest and attention that only our partner should get – we are giving it to somebody else”golfian.com/77-inspirational-being-cheated-quotes-about-cheating/
- “You will never know how strong your heart is until you learn to forgive the one who broke it” ~unknown
- “If you are in a relationship and you are just talking to someone else behind your partner’s back in a flirting way.. then don’t you think for one second that’s not cheating, because it definitely is! ~unknown
- “A cheaters punishment is to live a life of mistrust because they live in a constant fear that the person they cheated with will also cheat on them; some call it poetic justice. But I call it KARMA.” lovelivequotes.blogspot.in
- “I could never cheat on anyone. It’s the type of mistake and wrong doing I couldn’t live with. Knowing that you destroyed someone’s trust is bad, but destroying someone’s perspective on love is far too worse” Amino Auditore
- “I realised how much I don’t want you, when I saw how easy it was for anyone to have you” Herthoughts36
- “You didn’t just cheat on me; you cheated on us. You didn’t just break my heart; you broke our future.” Steve Maraboli
- “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option” Mark Twain
I am often inspired in my writing by music and the heartache it can remind us of. This is a very old song by Hank Williams called “Your Cheating Heart”. I know this song by heart. Every Christmas, my dad would have a few too many beers and belt this out with such feeling that as a young girl I felt on the verge for tears. As an adult I learnt that it was my father that had a cheating heart.
So many things skip past us in childhood. It is only in hindsight that we see the truth hidden in so many situations. This is true in our adult lives too. What do we glimpse over, reject or disbelieve for the sake of peace and the continuation of a friendship, a relationship or a marriage. What do we endure in our silence for the truth not to rock the boat?
So many questions are being stirred in this melting pot of misery and deceit as I work to develop my cast of short story characters.
I hope you enjoy this song, comment below if it pulls a heart string or two.
A trip around Fremantle in edit season, was the perfect remedy to a day indoors. Thankfully the weather has cooled and being outside has become temporarily tolerably again. We have been bombarded here with forty degree days, and so cooped up inside during the productive hours of the day.
Here are some pictures that I took around Fremantle Markets. I really enjoyed the smells, colours and sights of Fremantle. The markets themselves suffer terribly at the hands of our fire lighting villain Scott. To be honest I felt a pang of guilt at the destruction the fire caused (in the book only) but today I was reassured that all is well in this very magical pocket of West Australia.
My next work in progress has been inspired by the character Karen, from Love Actually. Karen played by Emma Thompson discovers a necklace in her husbands pocket. It came as a surprise to her when instead of giving her the necklace for Christmas she received a Joni Mitchell CD. The necklace being a gift for his assistant.
“Cheating causes cracks.”
“Not all cracks can be refilled.”
At the time of the discovery, the family is on their way to their children’s Christmas concert. She has to hold it together. When she does confront him, Karen is dignified and manages to make her message brief and very clear. Watch below.
At the end of the movie we see Karen and the Kids collecting Harry from the airport, saying ‘welcome back.’ Its not a warm welcome home but you have the sense that he will in time be forgiven.
I have spent some time exploring and reflecting on heartache. Specifically the damage caused by those that we love. I am looking at both inadvertent and deliberate actions of cheating. From ways that are quite subtle and chip at the edges of a relationship to the acts that will cause a relationship to end.
“All relationships have consequence.”
“All relationships cost us a piece of our heart.”
This collection of short fiction stories will explore many ways a cheat can break a heart. Due for release 2021.
My working tittle and cover is below.
Let me present my working book cover, this could change before I release the book in December 2019. It is Easter Sunday my husband is climbing a mountain in New Zealand and I am procrastinating, looking for inspiration, no make that motivation to get back to editing! I have finished my work for the Karate Club for term one with a newsletter created on Canva (awesome program for so many things) so I figure what the hell, create a temporary book cover. I am almost ready to send my manuscript back to Office-works to be reprinted and binded for the fourth time, it will be nice to have a image on the front.
This image of girl in the woods reminds me of the chapter where Allison is trapped by Scott in the reforested area just outside of Albany in West Australia. I feel a road trip coming on soon so I can share photos and get the feel of a place I have not visited for many years. It is not a nice scene in the book, I had deep concerns for Allison when I wrote it. I had to let the scene unfold between Scott and Allison, without interfering.
I know it sounds odd, but the writing part is easy as long as I do not try to control my characters and just listen and type. A little bit of madness is necessary to write fiction.
This end of the process is a struggle, the editing requires so much concentration, it is tiring and it is necessary because I do want to produce the best work possible with my limited budget. A budget means I have to ensure that I hand my best work into my editor and that I am left with as few re-writes as possible. Editors are valuable, necessary and worth every dollar spent but I have to ensure that I spend each dollar wisely. I am going to make another coffee and back to work!!